We have both booth space and display cases available for rent at all of our locations. At times there may be a wait list.
Below is everything you need to know about becoming a dealer at Springfield Antique Center:
Rent a Booth
Size: 8 1/2 x 11
Rent: Please call for current rate.
Rent a Showcase
Rent: Please call for current rate.
Rules and Regulations:
To make sure we maintain and improve our good reputation and sales, it is important that we follow certain guidelines on the merchandise we offer and have a means of enforcing these guidelines. We recognize the term “antique” is more broadly interpreted by most people to include certain collectible items.
The following descriptions of acceptable merchandise cannot be all inclusive to cover every situation but will provide guidance for deciding what will be considered acceptable.
Technically, all acceptable merchandise has to be at least 25 years old.
There are a lot of deceptive reproductions on the market. These are not acceptable. If in doubt about an item, check with us. Reproductions that are at least 25 years old are acceptable, but must be marked as reproductions with date of manufacturer.
Whenever possible, try to give an approximate date or period your merchandise was made in your descriptions.
Any item that has a defect that would affect the value must be noted in your description. Either a specific description of the defect or marked “as is”. Mechanical or electrical items that do not work must be noted.
While we don’t permit craft items, certain new items used to properly display an acceptable antique are permitted, but must be properly identified as such if not obvious.
A. Seasonal decorations on antiques
B. New frame for an antique picture or sampler
C. New print in an acceptable antique frame
D. New shade on an antique lamp
E. Upholstered antique stool or chair
For furniture and related items, please identify any modifications or alterations.
A. Replaced or new pulls
B. Lost some height
C. Replaced table top
D. Recent repaint
E. Describe marriages of pieces of furniture
We will not allow any “made up” pieces, i.e., old wood used to construct a piece.
China and glassware items made after 1977 may be permitted if the manufacturer is no longer in business. Such items will need specific approval from management.
Clothing must be 1970’s and older only, clean and considered collectible.
Books published after 1977 are restricted to first editions.
New Merchandise: Those items that are compatible with any antique shop, such as price guides and books on antiques, hardware, lamp parts, or refinishing material are restricted to specific dealers who have prior approval by management.
1.Items that do not have a price cannot be sold. SAC will put a tag on the unmarked item saying “No Price” and put it on a shelf in the room behind the front counter.
2. Items that have a price but no booth number will be sold but will be rung up under a specific booth for that purpose. Please ask to see the notebook if you are missing an item.
3. We realize that customers sometimes pick up tags as a reminder to themselves, so please double check your merchandise when you come in to restock.
4. We do not allow tags that read “sale”, “price reduced”, or “firm”.
5. If you are in the mall and change a price for a customer, please initial the tag and let someone at the front counter know that you lowered the price. If the customer decides not to take the item, a new tag must be made.
6. For everyone’s protection, all dealers must use official SAC tags, available at a nominal charge. You must have not only your booth but also the price on the same side of the tag. If you display at another shop, make sure you have the correct booth number on your tag.
Closing Out a Booth or Showcase:
1. Spaces are rented on a month to month basis. If you plan to close out your space, please let management know before the end of the month so that proper arrangements can be made.
Other Odds and Ends:
1. We don’t mind showing you what has been sold from your booth, but we would appreciate it if you would refrain from calling us or asking for printouts at busy times during the day, especially if there is a line at the counter. ON FLEA MARKETS OR EXTRAVAGANZAS, PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR ASK FOR TOTALS.
2. SAC pays dealers twice a month. You may pick up your checks on the 2nd and 17th day of every month. If you would like your checks to be mailed, please provide a self-addressed business size, stamped envelope with your booth number in the bottom left corner.
3. Please keep your booth clean, dusted, and arranged neatly so customers can reach and see merchandise easily. Also, please remember to rotate your merchandise.
4. Management may also remove any unacceptable or misrepresented item or give you a notice attached to your check stating that the item is not acceptable. The dealer involved may question the decision by providing evidence that the item does meet the guidelines. Management will make the final decision on any disputed situations.
Please download, complete and return the following forms to apply to become one of our dealers. You may return your forms by dropping them off at one of our locations, or you may email them to 1springfieldantiquecenter@
(FORMS COMING SOON)